Oh, the difference two days make.

This weekend was kind of a whirlwind. Friday night, the dining room looked like this:

Uh, yikes. For one thing, the last wall in the living/dining room was still grey because that’s the wall we’ll be stenciling (Endless Circle Lattice is in the mail, btw). And all of our paint supplies and future yard sale items were piled up everywhere.

Because I have yet to go retrieve my grandmother’s dining table from storage, we didn’t have much going on in this space, so things had just sort of….piled up.

First things first, we organized the clutter and painted the remaining wall white, because when we stencil over it, the wall will appear blue with white circles.

Then, Aaron and I looked each other in the eye and honestly admitted to one another that we wouldn’t be having a yard sale anytime in the near future, despite both our claims that we would. So we moved that pile of stuff out of the way into one of the bedrooms, where we can close the door and not look at the stuff that’s piled to the ceiling every day.

Then this morning, Aaron went to Lowe’s and got a Shop-VAC for $44! Turns out, Lula is terrified of Shop-VACs.

She was willing to check things out, until Aaron actually turned it on and it boomed to life. At that point, she ran to my feet in the corner and refused to leave my side until it was put away.

THEN, my brother and his friend Matt, along with my parents and Aaron, moved my piano out of storage and brought her home!

Evan’s girlfriend, Lizzie, brought us blueberries from her family’s berry farm.

Y’all, those berries are so good. I’ve been SHOVELING them into my mouth by the handful since she brought them. I’ll never be happy with a Kroger blueberry again.

Anyway, it ended up being a wonderfully productive day. But there was one more thing that was bothering me:

Oh, the brass monstrosity hanging from the ceiling.

Well, guess what y’all. We did that weekend right. We tackled that brass chandelier Sunday night. And it was such a project that it deserves a post of it’s very own.

TUNE IN TOMORROW FOR THE SHOCKING FOLLOW-UP!  YOU WON’T BELIEVE YOUR EYES!!!!

Or maybe you will, I don’t know.

Advertisements

9 Responses to “Oh, the difference two days make.”

1. 1 nicole b. June 14, 2011 at 11:27 am

Oh, the suspense! (You know I love it.) xo.

2. 2 nicole b. June 14, 2011 at 11:44 am

p.s. This looks yummy – not that you need “boy bait” but y’know.

3. 3 corrina June 14, 2011 at 11:49 am

i am eating all these posts up, girl. it’s filling the huge, empty hole left in my heart when we canceled cable and i stopped getting my daily dose of hgtv.

• 4 rosemaryonthetv June 14, 2011 at 10:56 pm

For a second, I thought your sentence would end “the huge empty hole left in my heart when we canceled our Diaryland diaries.”

4. 5 Michelle June 14, 2011 at 11:52 am

I am loving this so far. I cannot tell you how much I love your taste and eye for things, Rosemary!

5. 6 Anne June 14, 2011 at 8:19 pm

You are some hard-working home-owners! But doesn’t it feel great to get so much crossed off the list? Congrats and I love following the house makeover.

• 7 rosemaryonthetv June 14, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Thanks Anne! It’s slow going, for sure, but we’re taking our time. If I run out of projects, I’ll get antsy for a new house. We’ve gotta stretch this out for a few years!

6. 8 julie June 14, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I am so jealous of your piano!!! Rich and I are looking for a house in Atlanta right now, and one of the requirements is “space for piano.” Unfortunately, “my” piano lives in Missouri, so I’ll be craigslisting it.

• 9 rosemaryonthetv June 14, 2011 at 8:41 pm

This is actually the third time I’ve moved that piano. My dad is ready for me to find a permanent residence so he doesn’t have to move it again. Luckily, I was able to store it at my mom’s theater while I lived in that tiny, second floor apartment. I’m so happy to have it back!