A Southern Brunch

My friend Summer is moving to New York City next week, so I thought it only fitting to throw her a southern-style brunch before she heads north, featuring all her favorite southern foods. With the help of my lovely co-hosts, Jessi and Chad, the brunch was a success, and we all ate until we nearly burst.

The Menu:

Shrimp & Grits

Bite-sized Chicken & Waffles

BBQ Pork Sliders

Berries & Cream

Summer’s Deviled Eggs

Pimento Cheese

Banana Bread Sandwiches with Cream Cheese & Strawberries (my fave!)

Fried Squash

Bacon

Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread muffins

Buttermilk Biscuits

Whiskey Peach Tea

Rosemary-infused Lemonade

And my friend/famed pie maker Autumn of Avant Tarte brought pecan and triple berry pies that were the perfect finishing touch! You can try her pies for yourself at Big Orange (you’ll be glad you did!).

Oh, and here’s the invitation I made:

Advertisements

8 Responses to “A Southern Brunch”

1. 1 nicole b. January 23, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Wow! The menu sounds so tasty! And everything looks perfect. I’m gonna miss that Summer Daniel. xo.

2. 2 Halley January 23, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Rmary! This looks absolutely wonderful! Congrats on being such a wonderful hostess!

3. 4 rosemaryonthetv January 23, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Thanks everyone! Corrie, the mini waffles are just Eggo miniatures from the frozen food section – topped with a Chick-fil-A nugget and drizzled with syrup. Genius, no?

4. 5 Natalie January 23, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Possibly the cutest invitation/party idea ever. I’m stealing all of this. And I love your mini shrimp and grits!

5. 6 Amy B January 23, 2012 at 5:35 pm

This looks amazing! Great idea, Rosemary!

1. 1 My Miniature Obsession with Miniature Foods « rosemary on the tv Trackback on March 29, 2012 at 7:59 pm
  2. 2 Another Ode to Tiny Food « rosemary on the tv Trackback on October 1, 2012 at 6:50 pm