Light Strawberry Cupcakes

Oh, Pinterest, my Pinterest. I have you to thank for these amazing little bites. Since the holidays have been over, I’ve been, like most, trying to watch my caloric intake. But I have one heck of a sweet tooth and am not one of those admirable people who can substitute desserts and snacks with raw fruit and vegetables. God bless you people, but I want cake, ok?

And then I saw it. A simple pin. Recipe below.

Ingredients:

1 box strawberry cake mix

1 bottle Diet 7-up

Fat-free Cool Whip

Berries
Mix the contents of the cake mix with 12 ounces of Diet 7-Up, pour them into muffin tins (either greased or with baking cups). Try to get 24 cupcakes out of it. Bake as the box directs (for me, it was 20 minutes at 350 degrees).

Once they’re cool, top with a tablespoon of Cool Whip and a few berries.

And enjoy. They’re about 100 calories, or 3 Weight Watchers points, each.

Advertisements

7 Responses to “Light Strawberry Cupcakes”

1. 1 sandramcgrew January 31, 2012 at 8:43 am

Yes, please! I’ll be making this over the weekend.

2. 2 nicole b. January 31, 2012 at 11:19 am

Yum! I’m such a bad baker, but I think I can handle these! Thanks, girl. xo.

3. 3 Halley February 13, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Oh Rosemary! Just made these as a nice Valentine treat! Thanks for posting!

4. 4 aradiasilvermoon April 18, 2012 at 9:15 pm

I just found this and I tried making it but the tops were liquidy. So do you use a mini muffin tin? I used a regular size muffin tin and after 28min they are still a little bit raw. Any advice?

• 5 rosemaryonthetv April 18, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Hmm…I’ve never had that problem when making these. I use a regular muffin tin. Are you only using 12oz of the diet soda?

• 6 aradiasilvermoon April 18, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Yes it is about 1 1/2 cups…dang myabe my oven is dying. I just wanted to make sure I had it right! Maybe I’ll go to mom’s and use her oven tomorrow lol!! TYVM 🙂

1. 1 2012 : Top Posts and Fave Instagram Photos « rosemary on the tv Trackback on January 8, 2013 at 10:13 pm