Kitchen Decisions. Round 1.

I’ve been putting off starting work on the kitchen for a few months because I just can’t seem to come to any sort of decision. But today, I think I made  a decision! Can you guess what it is?

Was that hint subtle enough or what? In case you’re still unsure, I’m thinking a green tile backsplash. One decision down.

Next up: our cabinets are barely off-white. Do I paint them white?

After that: what color to paint the walls?

Any help is appreciated.

{click images for sources}

6 Responses to “Kitchen Decisions. Round 1.”

1. 1 Kathryn McMorries Heller July 26, 2012 at 8:49 am

What about a subtle shade of blue? It could complement the navy bathroom. Or, I love dark grey with bright green.

• 2 rosemaryonthetv July 26, 2012 at 9:12 am

Funny – our bedroom will be dark grey with green accents! And since it’s right off the kitchen, I thought the green tiles with grey countertops would transition nicely.

2. 3 Hannah July 26, 2012 at 8:53 am

Painting cabinets sounds unfun. I’d go with off-white.

• 4 rosemaryonthetv July 26, 2012 at 9:11 am

Agreed. I’ve been debating it for months and the only reason I can come up with for not painting the cabinets is that it would be such a pain. Also, they are so barely off-white, it almost seems silly to go through all that trouble for one shade lighter.

3. 5 Amy August 7, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Bright white is really glaring for cabinets–keep the off-white for sure! Have you seen Kelly Rae Roberts kitchen? It has the white cabinets and green tile backsplash too. Her walls are a kind of greige (I believe Revere Pewter by Ben Moore). Sort of a very light taupe-y gray. Gorgeous!!

1. 1 Kitchen Decisions. Round 2. « rosemary on the tv Trackback on August 8, 2012 at 9:08 pm